Nearly 20,000 students attend Grossmont College's beautiful campus in El Cajon each semester. Grossmont College is known for its many high-caliber programs including Nursing, Administration of Justice, Computer Science and Information Systems, Business, Cardiovascular Technology, and Culinary Arts.Explore Grossmont Apply Now
With nearly 10,000 students, Cuyamaca College is tucked in the natural, quiet beauty of Rancho San Diego. Cuyamaca College is known for its top-notch programs, including Graphic Design, Ornamental Horticulture, Business, Engineering, Water & Wastewater Technology, and Automotive Technology. Hit up the campus bookstore and show your Cuyamaca College pride by sporting a logo T-shirt!Explore Cuyamaca Apply Now
Get College Credit
Why Wait? Get College Credit Now!
Did you know you can take college courses while in high school? Our Dual Enrollment program lets you satisfy a high school course requirement and/or get a jumpstart on college courses.About Dual Enrollment
Explore Campus Life
Campus Life is Great
Check out the many campus clubs and organizations, share your voice by being part of Associated Student Government, or try out for a sports team.
See What College Life Has To Offer.
Grossmont College offers more than 150 degree and certificate programs, and Cuyamaca College has 125 degree and certificate programs.
Want a certificate that will lead directly to a career? Check out the list below for the wide variety of career education programs offered at Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges. Also be sure to learn more about the degrees that the colleges offer, along with the sports and clubs at each campus!
The Administration of Justice program offers certificates and degrees leading to a career in a variety of fields related to the prevention, detection, and management o crime or criminal offenders.
- CorrectionsA corrections degree prepares students for employment with local and state public and private correctional facilities.
- Forensic TechnologyA Forensic Technology emphasis is the choice for those who wish to get involved with the collection, preservation and analysis of crime scene evidence and latent fingerprint analysis.
- Law EnforcementThe Law Enforcement emphasis prepares or upgrades students who are interested in or already employed as uniformed or plain clothes peace officers at the federal, state, county or municipal levels.
- Public Safety DispatchThis course can help prepare students for work as dispatchers in fire and police agencies.
- Security ManagementThe Security Management program leads to a certificate and/or associate degree and is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level management positions in loss prevention, risk management and asset protection.
The Business Administration department offers a variety of programs designed to prepare you for a career in business. Career opportunities include accountant, administrative assistant, advertising/marketing, banking, budget analyst, business publications, claim agent, computer operations, controller, financial manager, insurance agent, or lawyer.
- International BusinessThe International Business program is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and expertise to move products across international borders.
- ManagementThe management curriculum is designed to provide the student with the skills necessary for success as a manager in today’s demanding organizational climate.
- MarketingThis program is designed to prepare you for a career in marketing, consisting of all of the activities that direct the flow of goods and services from producer to consumer.
- Retail ManagementThis program is designed to provide the foundation for advancement from entry-level retail positions to management.
- Hospitality and Tourism ManagementThe Hospitality and Tourism Management major provides students with a solid undergraduate program emphasizing basic business management principles and their specific application to the hospitality and tourism industry.
The Business Office Technology program prepares students for employment and advancement in today’s technology-intensive office. Certificates are offered in several areas.
The Child Development program is designed to provide courses which lead toward an Associate Degree and/or Certificate in Child Development. The courses are appropriate for early childhood teachers, aides, administrators, childcare professionals of all kinds, parents, nurses, or any person interacting with young children.
Computer Science/Information Systems provides a foundation in computing and information systems for students looking for employment in various phases of the computing industry.
- Computer ProgrammingThis area of emphasis is intended for the student who plans to gain entry-level employment as a programmer for systems.
- Local-Area Network Support SpecialistThis area of emphasis leads to an entry-level position that specializes in the planning, installation, development, operation and maintenance of local area networks (LANs).
- Small Computer SpecialistThis area of emphasis is aimed at preparing students for positions involving direct use of computers for business administration, decision support, and financial applications.
- Web DesignThis area of emphasis prepares students for entry-level positions creating websites.
The Culinary Arts program provides training for a variety of careers, including executive chef, pastry chef, prep cook, personal chef, cook’s assistant, baker, cake decorator, food server/wait person, restaurant manager and sous chef.
- Cardiovascular technologyThe cardiovascular technologist is the link between the physician and the patient by way of the sophisticated medical instrumentation currently utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Occupational therapyOccupational therapy is a skilled treatment that focuses on helping people of all ages regain, develop or master everyday skills in order to live independent, productive and satisfying lives.
- Respiratory therapyThe respiratory therapy program prepares the student to practice respiratory care in acute, critical and home health care settings.
- Telemetry/EKG techniciansTelemetry/EKG technicians are allied health professionals who operate electrocardiograph machines to provide data for diagnosis and treatment of heart ailments.
- Orthopedic technologyOrthopedic technologists are allied health professionals who assist orthopedic surgeons in the treatment of patients in a variety of health care environments.
The nursing program prepares students for national licensure to practice professional nursing in critical, acute, chronic, ambulatory and home health care settings.
Cuyamaca College’s comprehensive Automotive Technology program, which emphasizes practical experience in actual repairs under simulated shop conditions, is among the best in the region and will help students prepare for a career in the field.
The Business program offers courses designed to prepare students for a career in various arenas of business.
- Business Office TechnologyThe Business Office Technology program prepares students for employment and advancement in today’s technology-intensive office.
- EconomicsEconomists study the production and distribution of resources, goods and services by collecting and analyzing data, researching trends, and evaluating economic issues.
- Paralegal studiesThrough the Paralegal Associate in Science degree program, students acquire skills needed for a variety of tasks and responsibilities of a legal assistant in a private law firm, corporation or government agency.
- Real EstateThe Real Estate program offers courses designed to help students prepare for work in myriad real estate fields. Courses in the program fill the requirements for the California Real Estate Salesperson and Broker’s Licenses.
Graduates from the two-year Associate of Applied Science program in CADD Drafting or Mechanical Engineering Technology will find employment in a wide variety of drafting and design disciplines.
The child development curriculum is designed to prepare students for employment as teachers, directors in preschools and child care centers, and aides in preschools and child care centers.
Computer and Information Science offers courses leading to career opportunities that include communications specialist, computer game programmer, computer hardware specialist, computer software technician, network consultant, software consultant or web page designer.
- Cisco certified network associate certificate
- Cisco network professional certificateThe Cisco Networking Academy is a global education program that teaches students how to design, build, troubleshoot and secure computer networks for increased access to career and economic opportunities.
- Cybersecurity specialist certificate
- Computer programming certificate
- Computer support technician certificate
- Web design certificate
- Web programming certificate
The program focuses on the occupational health and safety and environmental health arenas.
- Environmental ManagementEnvironmental managers maintain EHS compliance with an emphasis on water wastewater treatment technologies, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, the regulatory environment, emergency response, toxicology and soil, air and water pollution.
- Occupational Safety and Health ManagementOccupational safety and health professionals assist employers in complying with industry best practices and Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) regulations and standards.
Students in this program develop entry-level skills in design aesthetics, typography, illustration, digital imaging, page layout, web design and professional business practices.
This program is designed for those interested in careers in nursery and greenhouse management, landscape design and construction, grounds management, retail nursery operations, irrigation system design, installation and maintenance of interior plantscaping, arboriculture and other related fields.
The Water and Wastewater Technology program provides pre-employment training and advanced courses in water and wastewater technology. Courses prepare students for certification examinations administered by the state of California as well those administered by professional associations in the industry.
With more than 150 certificate and associate's degree programs, Grossmont and Cuyamaca College provides workforce training, career development and transferable college-level coursework. Visit Grossmont College and Cuyamaca College for further information about degrees offered.
Grossmont and Cuyamaca colleges athletics departments are under the governance of the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA), the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference (PCAC), and the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. Please visit the athletic websites at Grossmont College and Cuyamaca College for more information.
Student clubs and organizations enrich the lives of our students by providing numerous leadership opportunities, as well as a place to enhance social and professional connections. A complete list of currently registered clubs may be found in in the club directory at Grossmont College and Cuymaca College.
Save Money & Transfer to a 4-Year College
Save thousands and learn what you really want to do in life by going to Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College for your general education and transferring to a 4-year college after a couple of years. At just $46 per unit, not only is this a smart decision financially, but many find that this route allows them to really find out what they want to do in life. The transfer centers at Grossmont College and Cuyamaca College will help guide you on your path to earning a university degree!